Hi future Alex, this is a list of things to remember if you come back to formentera again. It may seem stupid, but you'll find it useful someday.
- Taxis are super expensive, 30€ give or take for one ride from "La Savina" (the harbour) to "Es Pujols" and finally to "Ca Mari". It's a 15 minute ride. Buses are 2,5€ and they go to almost every corner on the island.
- If you book a apart-hotel to stay, make sure they have a microwave. Otherwise you're fucked.
- If I want to see the sunset from El Mirador, better book for dinner instead of going to have a drink. If you want to just have a drink they give you a table inside the restaurant so you don't see anything, otherwise you get a table outside. Awesome views from here by the way.
- When booking dives with Formentera Divers (awesome diving center by the way), remember to do first El Arco, it's easier to start if you haven't dived recently.
- Eating on the island is quite expensive. Lots of places cost around 40€ per person and don't expect to eat a lot.
- Sunsets in Cala Saona from the water are awesome.
- Acapulco restaurant
- Can Carlitos - Probably super expensive, but seems good
- See the sunrise in La Mola
When passing through Ibiza...
You have to go to Ibiza on your way to Formentera if going by plane, so these are some good places to eat:
- La Esquina: Argentinian bar with very friendly people at the center of Ibiza city.
- La mesa escondida: great restaurant with amazing views to "Es Vedra". Price is good too and free bread with Allioli.
- Restaurante Hostal Talamanca: great views in front of the beach and super cheap if you do tapas.
Good places, or not:
- Portinatx is a nice town.
- Cala d'Hort nice cala and views to Es Vedra.
- Remember that Platja d'en bossa is so tourist oriented (drink bars, tourist discos, etc), better go to Cala Talamanca on the other side of the Ibiza harbour.
- Sant Antoni de Portmany is super touristic too, not cool.
Last time you rent here: Turbo Rent a Car (56€ car for 24h + 14€ for the full risk insurance = 70€). Didn't check too much other options.